Sunday, June 12, 2011

Dual Survival Or Daily Survival

So...I've been watching this TV show called Dual Survival. In short, it is a TV series based on two men that are put into extreme life or death situations in which they need to use their skills for survival. In the episodes that I've seen they have been in the South African wild, the dessert, the mountains of Montana during the dead of winter, and other various places.


As each episode progresses, the men find themselves in situations concerning shortages of food, warmth, and shelter; as well as safety from predators and traveling distance to safety and rescue. In this series you learn how to make fire, create traps to catch food, keep warm with nothing more than branches and the shirt on your back. The show is very informational. If I ever get caught in a situation outside of my suburban life, I have a higher chance of survival, or at least I think so. All I need is to do is carry a knife with me at all times...in case this type of situation arises. I believe I can survive. One guy in the show does everything barefoot; so I figure if I have shoes, I'm golden.

Now, this show is interesting and informational, but it probably will never have an impact on my life. There is a very small chance that I will be put in a situation where I need to make fire or find food for survival. You know what I will have to survive though? Every day life. The situations of daily happening. Some are happy, some exhausting, some aggravating, but they all will happen. No matter what geographical area I am in.

There aren't TV series to teach you how to survive life. However there is something you can refer to on daily basis...it's called the Bible. If you take a minute to read it, you just might learn some pertinent information of surviving daily life and all the hardships that come with it.  

A Bible in a language other than English. No matter the
language, it should be read. Get crackin!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment