Friday, August 19, 2011

He Knows What's Going On...Even If You Don't



It seems the more people I talk to nowadays, the more I realize I'm in the same boat as many people. Everyone has their own situation of importance going on in their lives. To all of us, our own situation always seems a bit more detrimental than the other person's. Mostly because our lives are the lives we know the best, and also they are the lives we are most interested in.

The situation in which I am referring is that of figuring out what exactly your life (my life) is going to be. Where will I live, what will I do for work, who will I become friends with; all of these add up to the future. The thing is, I can never really know. All I can do is make one decision at a time. However, there is someone that does know, and can help me make the right decisions one by one. That someone is the one and only God of the Bible.

There are days I find myself curious, wondering, and frustrated at not knowing what is going on in my own life. The only way I can settle down and be confident that my life will be something is to look to my creator. He tells us that he has good plans for us.

Jeremiah 29:11- For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord,  plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Now I don't know what my life has in store, but I know it can be great. I know someone else is watching me, watching after me, and routing for me to do big things the entire time. So, that's what I'll try to do...big things. Just be comforted in the truth that He is always with you; and you can't truly fail if you have Him...you can only stumble a little bit. Don't worry, He'll pick you up and dust you off.


No comments:

Post a Comment