Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Long Weekends With The In-Laws

This is why we celebrate Memorial Day. Remember who has fought for you.

Memorial weekend is now done and over. The mini vacation we all looked forward to has passed and now we're waiting for the next. July 4th is around the corner, so be prepared to purchase some kick butt fireworks and a new patriotic shirt to fashion for the day.

I don't know what you did for fun the past few days, but I went camping and boating with my in-laws. The weekend consisted of water shoes, sunscreen, and a nightly fire to keep the bugs away. I'll say I had an amazing time. I do, unlike many people, love my in-laws. Also my husband loves doing activities in the great outdoors; needless to say, he had an awesome time.

With all the laughter, good food, water sport activities, and the fact that I'm still alive, there is no complaining to be had. Though here are a few things I want to say.....

1. Chopping wood is a lot harder than you think. You may miss the wood completely and almost chop off your leg (I did this)

2. Driving a boat isn't so difficult, but you'll find that turning the steering wheel is harder than expected.

3. Killing a pygmy rattlesnake while camping...not that uncommon.

4. Water shoes for when you are walking in mucky water...always have them.

5. Keebler fudge striped cookies with a roasted marshmallow in the middle...delicious.

6. If your in-laws are making redneck jokes about themselves and the things they have done...they might have just a smidge of redneck in them.

7. Seeing an alligator in Lake George...very do-able.

8. Driving a jet ski = fun. Riding on the back of a jet ski = not as much fun.

9. Don't put the Brim (fish) you caught in a bucket of still water...they may die. I'm not confessing to anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment