Tuesday, May 24, 2011

One Of Those Moments...I Love You

I Love You


Love occurs everyday. Sometimes we notice it, and sometimes we don't. It is when you realize it is happening that makes the moment special.  Sadly there are many moments we miss. They pass us, never to return exactly the same. We go on living never noticing they passed.  This post is for the moment(s) we notice. More specifically, the moment I noticed.

I'm married to a wonderful man. Even on a day where he makes me want to kick a hole in the wall, he's still a wonderful man. I have my moments where I drive him crazy. In life, and definitely in marriage, we all should be allowed a few free passes. At some point we will do something that bothers our spouse; though hopefully, most of the time spent together incorporates laughter, smiles, kisses, touch (in more than one manner), and vocal communication (sexy time is a non-mentioned-but-must-always-be-included pass time).  Back to my original statement...I married a wonderful man. I love him with every ounce of my existence; and I thank God for putting him in my life.

This is my gorgeous husband. 

This is the moment, the scene if you will...

I walk in the door from a finished day of work. I close the door behind me and Nick, my husband, has a big smile on his face to welcome me home. He approaches me as I place my things on the floor. Hugs are exchanged along with kisses. We move to the couch to sit down and chat about our days. As I'm talking he licks my face. He just licks my face!! So what do I do? I lick him back. Then the lick war begins. Spit is flying, our heads are bobbing (trying to get good angles), and we're laughing the whole time. As the tongue war moves to an end, I look at my husband. I admire him and all his ridiculousness. My thought going through my head...I Love You!!! I DO I DO I DO! Thank you for being a goober with me. You're a great husband.
 
Realize the moments. Each and every one. Enjoy them. Embrace them. Encourage them.

Yes I do!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment