Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Mo biscuits Pleez


Now, let me start by saying, I like a good biscuit. Not only like, but love. Especially with delicious golden honey smothered all over it. The honey additive is a learned behavior due to most of my life lived in the Southern state of Florida. I'm pretty sure I never ate a biscuit until I moved to Florida; I definitely never put honey on a biscuit until one of my Florida born friends suggested the idea to me. Caring about my friends opinions, I listened to them...they were right! It is DELICIOUS!

This is not about my like, or love for biscuits. It is indeed about another person's love for biscuits. I work in a restaurant where the clientele loves their biscuits.  David Sedaris writes about situations such as these, he's a popular author, so I thought I should use my material. He's funny as anything too.

Anyway, at this restaurant biscuits are served with the meal. Generally they come on the plate with the meal, not before, not after, unless otherwise asked. Many customers do ask prior to their food being delivered. Now, I don't mind bringing out biscuits before the meal, but please give me one second. The only thing I ask is, please do not yell at me about your biscuits. If another person yells loudly throughout the restaurant to me while I am on the other side, "Can I get my biscuits!" I promise I will smother that golden honey all over you and your new blouse or slacks. Just give me a second and you'll get your biscuits.
Pinky Promise.  


Here's to another sweet honey-smothered-biscuit loving day.

No comments:

Post a Comment